Monday, June 10, 2024

The DAY I knew EVERYTHING changed

 


"One headline why believe it?

Everybody wants to rule the world"

-- Tears for Fears

("Everybody Wants To Rule The World")


It doesn't take to be a whiz to know when things have changed.

You just need to observe the world.

You just need to have your eyes, and ears open.

You just have to be awake, aware, and alert.

Most of all, you need to care about others.

At least, that's the basic premise I had.

Before GOD made me born again in 2019.


Nothing can be won straight anymore.

This, I realized about 20 years ago.

A friend asked we help his daughter.

By texting, to vote for her.

It was for a beauty contest.

That got me stupefied.

Is that how contests are won now?

Popularity voting?


Weren't judges there, to do the judging?

Why text to win?

Is everything won through popularity alone these days?

Is everything won through the number of likers, and followers?

Do people have to get paid, so they'll vote for you?

Is online voting fair?

Is it a fair fight?


Now, I don't know if she won.

I didn't want to be part of such measures.

Another question that roamed my mind was this:

"What chance do others have of winning?"

What if they don't have as many followers?

What if they're outnumbered?

What if they're not "tech-savvy"?

What chance do others have?

Is there quality in such text votes?

Is it "quantity" now?

Bear note, those were the "text" era days.

And I'm glad I witnessed it.

As I've witnessed many other things.


Today, the whole world is literally your "oyster".

You've got all the tools, techniques, and platform.

Social media is your platform.

Your willing, hungry, voracious platform.

Matching the greed anyone has.

Given the right strategy, clicks, and cash, you may just rule the world.

Whether through politics, programs, or propaganda.

And yes, even beauty contests.

No one wants to be out of the loop.

Except perhaps, me?


Everything has become artificial.

Everything has become superficial.

And yes, through super fee, you shall.

But a born again always looks to GOD's WORD:

Exodus 23:1-3

King James Version

23 Thou shalt not raise a false report: 

put not thine hand with the wicked 

to be an unrighteous witness.

2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; 

neither shalt thou speak in a cause 

to decline after many to wrest judgment:

3 Neither shalt thou countenance a poor man 

in his cause.


The day I was asked to vote, through text, was the day I knew the world had changed.

Radically.

Unalterably.

Nothing will be right anymore.

Nothing will be fair anymore.

And then again, has the world ever been fair?

Believers know truth:

1 John 5:19

King James Version

19 And we know that we are of God, 

and the whole world lieth in wickedness.


Beware you don't get caught up in the world's ways.

1 John 2:16

King James Version

16 For all that is in the world, 

the lust of the flesh, 

and the lust of the eyes, 

and the pride of life, 

is not of the Father, 

but is of the world.


I am fortunate my dear father taught me well. 

Nothing like a good, solid foundation to spring from.

He taught me to think independently of others.

But  my heavenly FATHER taught me best.

He made me born again.

That I may know Scripture.

That I may learn of JESUS.

That I may be taught by the HOLY SPIRIT.

That's the only way I'm able to share all these with you.

Regarding GOD's alerts, warnings, commands, prophecies.

It's my sole, and soul duty.

In service to the LORD.

And to you.


As an aside, a person in their right mind, won't join such contests.

Whatever contest, or competition, it may be.

FIRST, because it's idolatry.

It's all vanity.

Self-aggrandizement.

And how GOD hates vanity.


SECOND, don't expect to win.

Was the world ever fair?

Why would you ever take advantage of your popularity?

Why would you want to outdo others?


THIRD, why compete?

Be a child of GOD instead.

JESUS comes first.

We come last.

Matthew 19:30

King James Version

30 But many that are first shall be last; 

and the last shall be first.


Matthew 20:16

King James Version

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: 

for many be called, but few chosen.


John 3:30-31

King James Version

30 He must increase, 

but I must decrease.

31 He that cometh from above is above all: 

he that is of the earth is earthly, 

and speaketh of the earth: 

he that cometh from heaven is above all.


Related material:

On Knowing the Enemy of Christ

The devil's DEVICES

Sin AWARENESS

The DAY I KNEW


Image: Clipart Library


On JUDGING righteously

 Luke 6:36 King James Version 36 Be ye therefore merciful,  as your Father also is merciful . A thought came to mind last night. I reserved ...